There are so many misconceptions floating around about what a life coach is and what they do. Life coaching is an umbrella term that encompasses coaching for a litany of areas from relationships to business endeavors or issues to healthy lifestyle habits.
We are often disappointed when our close family and friends aren’t able to help us through certain times in our lives, how to help us live a more fulfilling life, or offer sound advice on specific issues that we are dealing with in our lives. They can lend an ear but aren’t equipped with the skillset and expertise that we may need to navigate through chapters in our lives.
There are life coaches out there for every age group, life stage, level of ambition, personal struggle or issue, and goals imaginable.
I started a list of reasons for hiring a life coach but not to inundate you with way too many I narrowed it down to 10.
10 REASONS FOR HIRING A LIFE COACH
1. Coaches ask probing questions that you may have never thought about, designed to stimulate “out of the box” solutions.
2. Coaches help provide a structure, system, or framework to help you achieve your goals in a step-by-step way rather than haphazardly as we often do on our own.
3. To receive open and honest feedback and advice to guide you on your path in life.
4. Coaches can serve as an advisor, a mentor and a partner in focusing on strategy and implementation of a business vision, aligning your mission and delivering on your goals.
5. A life coach is all about meeting you where you’re at and exploring certain aspects of your life for which you would like help, as opposed to having expectations or trying to solve all your problems at once.
6. To develop steps to improve yourself and achieve your goals.
7. To help you take action instead of just sitting in a “maybe one day” or “if only I ….” “then I could actually……” frame of thinking. A good life coach will help you develop a plan to work toward or solve pressing issues in your life together – as a team!
8. Having someone that wants to truly see you succeed in your life and be happy and content.
9. Help you gain better self-understanding, self-awareness and confidence.
10. To help those who tend to procrastinate, those who don’t always follow through with things they start, feel lost, doubt themselves…. the list goes on and on and on….
The most successful people on the planet have hired and continued support from life coaches and other professional consultants. You can only benefit from hiring a life coach and you will get to where you want more quickly when you have someone to lean on that truly wants to see you happy and successful in all facets in your life!